Pollution Resolution Challenge
Is one of your goals to be more green in 2017? Join the ChooseClean Water Coalition for the first ever Pollution Resolution Challenge!
Organizations from around the Chesapeake Bay watershed are joining together to make New Year's Resolutions that will help improve our local environment, and we want you to be part of it!
How do you join?
- Pick a Pollution Resolution - something you want to work on in 2017 that will have a positive impact on our rivers, streams and the Chesapeake Bay
- Download our Pollution Resolution commitment card and write your resolution on it
- Take a picture or video of yourself with your commitment card and post it on social media with the hashtag #PollutionResolution
- Spread the word about the Pollution Resolution challenge!
What can your Pollution Resolution be?
- Reducing your fertilizer use on your lawn throughout the year to reduce nitrogen and phosphrus runoff
- Volunteer at least 10 times for a local nonprofit to provide much needed support
- Pick up your pet's waste every single time to prevent harmful pathogens from entering our waterways
- Install rain barrels on all of your downspouts to reduce stormwater runoff from your yard
- Take shorter and colder showers to reduce energy and water use
- Find more #PollutionResolution suggestions here
Whatever your Pollution Resolution is, we want to hear about it! Make sure to post your resolution on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #PollutionRez17!
For question about the Pollution Resolution Challenge, contact Kristin Reilly.