January 10-12, 2010
With over 250 participants, nine Members of Congress, and numerous speakers, this first-ever convening of clean water advocates from across the six states and District of Columbia highlighted the power of bringing people together for a common cause. Check out some of the highlights including:
- Congressman Elijah Cummings stirring speech about building the army to pass comprehensive legislation;
- EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson’s announcement of new regulations and increased funding for Bay states;
- DC Water and Sewer Authority General Manager George Hawkins talking about the importance of reform of the Clean Water Act;
- Presentations on the development of pollution limits (TMDLs), a new stormwater paradigm in the Chesapeake region, preparing communities for a more volatile climate, the challenges of agriculture, mobilizing political support for healthy waters, and conserving the Chesapeake’s treasured landscapes;
- A panel discussion highlighting agencies responses to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Order; and
- Senator Ben Cardin speaking about the importance of passing the Chesapeake Clean Water and Ecosystem Restoration Act.
View all of the presentations from the 2010 Conference:
These recordings were taking from our live streaming video for programs in the main ballroom of the conference during the first two days of the conference. Day 3 unfortunately was not recorded in this fashion due to technical difficulties.
Day 1 of the Conference
Day 2 of the Conference